Nov 14, 2008

The Light Bulb Just Went Off

I can't believe I'm actually admitting this, but I have these two guy friends and every time I hang out with them I think to myself, "I wonder if we'll ever get married, I wonder if he's the one." I saw one of these guys recently and I realized something, I think I imagine what it would be like to be with them in a serious relationship because so many people have pushed the idea of being in a relationship with them. Every time I'm with one of them, my friends come up to me and tell me how great we would be together, how we should start dating, they think he likes me ect. The whole thing is just funny to me. The truth is, I would be lucky to be in a relationship with either one of those guys but I think the only reason why I've imagined it is because everyone else has imagined it for me.
Sometimes I think my friends just want me to be in a relationship with whoever. It doesn't matter if I'm attracted to him just as long as I have someone. There's always some guy a friend of mine is trying to push me into, someone always has someone for me to meet. Really, how often do those things work out? So far, their attempts have been unsuccessful.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fortunate that my friends care so much about me and want to see me happy. Sometimes it just feels like their more involved in my life than I am. That's actually kinda funny to think about.
You know what, now that I've taken five minutes to think about that statement, I'm pretty damn lucky. So to all my friends, keep it up. Keep getting involed in my life and asking how I'm doing. Keep forcing me to open up and let out my frustrations. Keep finding people to introduce me to and keep reminding me that after we hangout, how fortunate I am to have you. Because I am.

No comments: